Kennie & I managed to group most of the feedback of all BBQ bot testers to get a new release together.
Kennie & I managed to group most of the feedback of all BBQ bot testers to get a new release together. The major updates / bug fixes are:
- BBQ is now compatible with almost ALL Wolfenstein Enemy Territory game types and not only ETPRO
- The bot can run in standalone mode meaning people who have a server that is not allowed to connect to IRC networks can still run the bot (a remote console should be available in the next release)
- Some Linux servers had a disabled loopback IP (127.0.0.1) meaning the bot failed to send rcon commands to the Enemy Territory server. This is now fixed with a flag in the config file (you can choose between loopback address and the real network IP of the server)
- The kick, powerkick and ban functions have been updated. Indeed, they truncated the ban / kick reason to the first word typed.
- An IRC initialisation file. This file is a set of commands the BOT user can fully customize. The commands are all called up when the bot connects to the IRC channel. This means you can easily add an IRC auth or login to a bot such as Q on quakenet
- Many little glitches and bugs have been fixed in this version, making the bot faster and more reliable
The new version of BBQ bot is available in the downloads section of http://marko.hd.free.fr
and more info about BBQ bot can be found directly on the BBQ bot page