BaconET is a new mod for ET from -bacon-, and draws from the best bits of ETPro, Shrub, and a little bit of it's own originality. Some of the unique features include:
- New player class: Commander (cvar: b_commander).
- Classes all get a special ability (command: special).
- Chargebars don't reset upon death (cvar: b_charge).
- Improved HUD.
- Console can display centred text (command: bcp).
- Players with the home clantag cannot be kicked/muted (cvar: b_clantag).
- Admins can set protection time (cvar: b_protection).
Regarding 'special abilities', they will be as follows:
Engineer. The engineer has been given a jetpack (using the +salute
Field Ops. The field ops can intercept enemy communication.
Covert Ops. The covert ops can go invisible.
Players who are using their special abilities face a number of physical penalties until they turn them off. They also cannot talk to anybody.
The commander class is without a primary weapon in this release. He will have a new weapon in the next one. As well, his slot6 weapon will be finished.
Since this web site began back in April 2003 we have had a huge amount of traffic. What started out as a place to talk about this great game has evolved into one of the top information and resource sites about Enemy Territory on the net!
Many many players have started their ET gaming adventure by sifting through our pages. Some have even made lasting friendships. But the greatest thing about it is that this community is still growing!
So to celebrate all of you (the users) who make this community what it is, I thought I'd give you all an overview of the forum and how it is used.
Some Fast Forum Facts
- Total number of posts: 52 692
- Total number of topics: 6 164
- Average number of posts per day: 47.18
- Average number of topics per day: 5.52
- Average number of users online per day: 123.93
- OpenGL questions per day: 10 to the power of infinity
- Number of new users who get told to read the manual: 10 to the power of infinity minus this one guy who never figured out how to post a question
- Number of users who still think they have to pay us for this game: 7 (I'm not kidding, I buy a new car every month from... nevermind.)
- Times our female users have posted their pictures and NOT been asked on a date: 0 (sadly it seems a few little boys are so very very lonely)
- Number of times the moderators have been committed to psychiatric institutions after a rough day of answering the same questions over and over on the forum (but lets not talk about that... I still have to go back for my prescriptions...)
11 most viewed threads
- Scripts more than 29 573 views
- The Server List is Broken?! more than 20 962 views
- Tactics more than 10 912 views
- Aiming more than 6 082 views
- ET Unofficial Strategy Guide 5 998 more than views
- I'm the best... more than 5 212 views
- How to start making maps more than 4 585 views
- Player/Clan looking for Clan/Player more than 4 472 views
- Jokes Thread more than 3 797 views
- To all those whose ET crashes apon clicking 'Playing Online' more than 3 445 views
- NEW PLAYERS READ THIS FIRST: WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME more than 3 430 views
Most active section
Undeniably our Help, Problems, and Questions section (2 435 threads and 12 705 posts... wow!) gets the most traffic as we are probably the best place for new players to come and get the basic idea of this game.
(PS. I had written this 3 weeks ago when we were about to hit 145 000 members and many of these numbers have changed. But the fact remains, this site is alive and kicking and still remains one of the best and friendliest places on the net to discuss ET.)
There's a bit of a hot ET match on the way tomorrow, Thursday 31st March. Here's what's in store:
And as Radio iTG write, "Following their 4-2 Victory over Roistot beaters u96d, helix are suddenly a hot topic! Was it a one off, or do these boys have what it takes to become another German superpower? Roistot need the victory, so it should prove to be a cracking match"
Missed it? Grab the demos!
I've just been informed of a new server-side admin 'bot', and Kennie pestered me to post it here. The bot looks like it could be a very big hit with server admins, even in this early devlopment stage.
Marko: "BBQ bot is a server side application that I developed with Kennie to help in server administration. It runs directly on the game server and analyses the game output on a regular basis. It then parses the output to either send actions back to the server, or sends information to and IRC channel.
The bot can run under windows and linux."
The latest release of etpub
has been released thanks to tjw,
Zaedyn kindly informs us. etpub is a mod which seeks to take
over from the widely believed dead mod, shrubet.
Some of the new features include:
*ET 2.60 compatibility (no crash on Radar, kicks / bans work)
*Greatly improved antilag/antiskip.
*Stability upgrades for problematic maps
*Double jump added
*Added admin commands (!warn, !slap, !burn, etc...)
The complete feature list is even bigger!
Scroll down this page a bit and you will find the below post. The CFG Makertool has been updated to version 2 following feedback and comments, the download link is available at the bottom. Original post:
"Not content at just making mods, sound packs and guides, Miguel Nunes has devoted his recent time to make a downloadable CFG maker. It is self explanatory really, just download, select all the options you want and it will create a CFG for you, holding your hand every step of the way. In-case I've befuddled you with information, here are some screenshots:"
Download the updated tool here
Omni-bot is the latest AI bot project for ET, and attempts to go where Bobots and other such mods have gone before, if not further. Why, well, this is the first ever engine/mod independant bot, meaning it works for not only ET but also ETF, the popular ET mod. It might be useful to realise that this is the first public beta release ever, so glitches are certain to be a plenty. More news and information can be found on their forums.
*Update* The website is now back up, thanks for notifying me of this. You can visit the Omni-Bot website at omni-bot.com
This mod also comes with the command "/bot help" which will display all available commands when typed in the console. I personally welcome this feature, because it means people don't need to come running to the help forum when they can't work out how to turn on their computers. Actually, that's wishful thinking...