Forums

• Thu Dec 16 2004, 12:46am
    Sun Aug 20 2006, 11:35am  
    Nail
    Admin

********SKIN MODDING************
    The tutorial link

********CHAT MODDING************
    Alright, you start off with the scripts/wm_allies_chat.voice and wm_axis_chat.voice files in the pak0.pk3.

Add a new command for your custom sound, I.E.
    kittycat
    {
    sound/kittycat.wav "Cat, I'm a Kitty Cat"
    }

Top line is what it's name will be, for the example above, I would use "vsay kittycat" in the console and this sound will go off. "sound/kittycat.wav" is where the sound is located. (As a side note, make sure the wav files are mono, not stereo.) Within the quote at the end is what you want to be displayed when this sound is played, for the example above, "Cat, I'm a Kitty Cat". Note that you can have seperate sounds for Axis and Allies, but for my sound pack, it's the same silly sounds for both.

Next, you edit the ui/wm_quickmessage.menu and wm_quickmessageAlt.menu

Add a new menu in there for your custom sounds:
    QM_MENU_START( "wm_quickmessage" )

QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "S. Statements", close wm_quickmessage; open wm_quickstatements, "s", 0 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "R. Requests", close wm_quickmessage; open wm_quickrequests, "r", 1 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "C. Commands", close wm_quickmessage; open wm_quickcommand, "c", 2 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "T. Talk", close wm_quickmessage; open wm_quickmisc, "t", 3 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "G. Global", close wm_quickmessage; open wm_quickglobal, "g", 4 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "F. Function", exec "wm_sayPlayerClass"; close wm_quickmessage, "f", 5 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "O. Objectives", close wm_quickmessage; open wm_quickobjectives, "o", 6 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "U. Custom", close wm_quickmessage; open wm_quickcustom, "u", 7 )
    QM_MENU_END

I added the menu "Custom", which will open when you press the letter U.

On top of that, you have to add the same (but with numbers) to the wm_quickmessageAlt. Note the difference:
    QM_MENU_START( "wm_quickmessageAlt" )

QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "1. Statements", close wm_quickmessageAlt; open wm_quickstatements_alt, "1", 0 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "2. Requests", close wm_quickmessageAlt; open wm_quickrequests_alt, "2", 1 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "3. Commands", close wm_quickmessageAlt; open wm_quickcommand_alt, "3", 2 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "4. Talk", close wm_quickmessageAlt; open wm_quickmisc_alt, "4", 3 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "5. Global", close wm_quickmessageAlt; open wm_quickglobal_alt, "5", 4 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "6. Function", exec "wm_sayPlayerClass"; close wm_quickmessageAlt,"6", 5 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM_TEAM( "7. Objectives", close wm_quickmessageAlt; open wm_quickobjectives_alt, "7", 6 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "8. Custom", close wm_quickmessageAlt; open wm_quickcustom_alt, "8", 7 )

QM_MENU_END

Now, to add a custom sound, you need to open up your new menu, again, cutting and pasting from my own sound pack:
    (Note this is wm_quickmessage)QM_MENU_START( "wm_quickcustom" )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "T. TNT", exec "VoiceChat tnt"; close wm_quickcustom, "t", 0 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "K. Kitty Cat", exec "VoiceChat kittycat"; close wm_quickcustom, "k", 1 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "S. Shook Me", exec "VoiceChat shook"; close wm_quickcustom, "s", 2 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "L. Lightning Bolt", exec "VoiceChat lightning"; close wm_quickcustom, "l", 3 )
    QM_MENU_END

And again, you need to change the wm_quickmessageAlt.menu as well.

QM_MENU_START( "wm_quickcustom_alt" )

QM_MENU_ITEM( "1. TNT", exec "VoiceChat tnt"; close wm_quickcustom_alt, "1", 0 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "2. Kitty Cat", exec "VoiceChat kittycat"; close wm_quickcustom_alt, "2", 1 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "3. Shook Me", exec "VoiceChat shook"; close wm_quickcustom_alt, "3", 2 )
    QM_MENU_ITEM( "4. Lightning Bolt", exec "VoiceChat lightning"; close wm_quickcustom_alt, "4", 3 )

QM_MENU_END

Make sure you take note of the sublter differenced, like the _alt added on each of the menu names. Those matter, as do the tinier details.

Hope that explains it.

And please, pardon the spacing, it was kinda cramped in the code boxes.

many thanks to tslayerian for this valuable bit of kit
  • tslayerian
    Level 1

Thank YOU for the sticky! smile
  • cpt_black
    Level 1

Great!

Is that work on pure server?

Is the other player can hear the kittycat.wav without having the new .pk3?

cpt Black
  • nUllSkillZ
    Level 2

The mod has to be installed on pure servers to work.
    So everybody needs the files.

On unpure servers only the one with the modfile will hear the sound.

And this will work on local pure servers (if you play a demo).
  • punkism
    Level 1

how or with what do i open "pak0.pk3"
    i really don't know

thanks
  • nUllSkillZ
    Level 2

pk3-files are renamed zip files.
    So you should be able to open / unzip pk3-files with every zip-program.
  • punkism
    Level 1

why is it so complicated damn!! i can't do this.
    i'm confused this is to complicated for me

thanx anyway
  • punkism
    Level 1

can't you sent me your files, so i can customize them myself
    that would be much easyer, but i don't know if it's possible

S.O.S
  • foonr
    Level 1

Get your pak0.pk3, copy it, and paste a copy somewhere other than an ET folder. Then get the copy, rename it so you know what you are doing and open it with winrar or something like that. Change everything you need, with reference to the original file if you need structure help. and once you are done, swap the two, making sure that the renamed one is now pak0.pk3 in the etmain folder, and the real one is away, safe, and named something like pak0(real).pk3.

Then once you're done, undo the above steps.
  • DigitalFokus
    Level 1

I run a server of my own and I'm actually working on a custom soundpack file that I've already had running on the server. Now, I have a question. When running a server, what makes the file be sent to the user? The only way we have figured this out is by adding in a dummy campaign file. Not really sure why this is. Was wondering if maybe it was because we don't include the wm_quickmessageAlt.menu? and what exactly the wm_quickmessageAlt.menu was used for?
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika This topic is now closed

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]