Forums

• foonr
    Level 1

Well, as you know, when the Server is being reffed properly by JB and FM, everything goes real smooth. The people have fun, the teamwork improves and so on. But when they, or Bruce & Slip Jim etc arent there, things can turn a little nasty.
    People don't stick to the rules at all. Swearing kids throw insults around in all directions, cheats spawnkill on purpose etc.. .
    Now I know the current refs do a great job, but they have lives to run outside of ET (not sure if this applies to JB tongue), and can't always be there.
    I hate to see the server being missued in the way that it sometimes is, and more often than not I can't stand to play on it any more and leave. Its a shame because I really like the current setup.
    I think we need a 3rd 'official' ref who can be there if JB and FM are away doing other stuff. We need somebody with the power to restore order, instead of randomers such as myself having to record a demo, then telling a ref/mod/admin AFTER the event has ruined the game for others.
    So what do you think? Should we have a backup/3rd ref so that the server no longer starts to go into decline once the admins go and the abusers go into control?
  • Slippery Jim
    Level 1

Picking someone who is ref is not like snapping your fingers and everything works out fine.

You have to find the right type of person for the job. Power corrupts too easily. Generally the same sort of person that is really eager to be a ref is not the sort you want.

We want a "team" player and also someone who visits a lot and won't let the power affect his decisions. We need a peace officer not a soldier.

BTW please change your sig pic to the proper size. There is no reason why you can not have an Xmas pic but make it fit properly.
  • tar
    Level 1

totally agree with you, typhoon.

just had a bad experience today afternoon - three people spamming voice chat ... try to vote mute them, no chance frown they had their fun spamming and helped each other to not get muted ...
  • HairyassedBrit
    Level 1

I fully agree that one person can not be just pulled from thin air.. i know i have a few Fav's i play with who are fair and balanced but not sure that they would wanna take this responsibility anyway.. as they have other things they need to do...*cough goats*cough.... and from what i understand JB will be playing here almost all of his spare time.. he wants to be an airstirke whore from what i gather tongue... lol only kidding bestest buddy in the world.... STRIKE THAT FROM THE RECORD PLEASE !!!!

anyway good luck if some needs to be chosen.. i'm sure Bruce, Jim, Spaz and the other webstaff will pick the right person there is a need to... whoever gets selected they will have my full backing.. unlike JB tongue
  • ShadowScythe
    Level 1

i agree that we need more ref's as long as they don kik me for the hundred times i use damn

i mean it is the word to use as a compliment, someonme screws something for you instead of great shot i say damn you(especially if an enemy just runs over all the mines i planted, that always sux)

i also think in the matter of refs that perhaps we should have a or some ghost refs(people who are refs but no one knows that they are, thus the cheaters won't stop because a ref is online, but rather the ref can kik them for cheating because they din know he was a ref to begin with)

ps that may sound confusing but it is as easily as i can word it

pps ill try again(a ref who the players don't acknowledge, but rather think that he or she is an average player, thus they don't stop cheating due to a refs presence, and the ref, with full knowledge now because of their persistant cheating, can kick them from the server)
  • JamesBOMB
    Level 1

Hi Hi Hi Hi <--- little girl laughing *WHISTLE* you're outta here!! tongue :lol:

(...) and from what i understand JB will be playing here almost all of his spare time.. he wants to be an airstirke whore from what i gather (...) whoever gets selected they will have my full backing.. unlike JB

I SOOOOOOOOOOOO much don't respect you dude its not even funny tongue Yeah I like my artillery strikes long and hard 8O... AND I'm an ET.com ref-whore shades ... besides, here I can say:

... and not get kicked. tongue

I don't think undercover refs are a good idea. People will get kicked and not know why. Also if you have an undercover ref warning people he doesn't get respect (well I don't get it anyways...) from the offending players. Then if the undercover ref wants to kick the player, he has to log on and then the undercover thing is worthless.

I think more refs is the answer, not covert ops. (Referee stole my pants, WATCH OUT!)
  • Serenity
    Level 1

I agree more refs is needed, infact i stop playing there awhile a go just becouse this kind of behaviour got out of hand, i have better things to do in my spare free time which at the moment i don´t have much.
  • dm
    Level 1

I did same thing what Serenity. I don't use et.com's server anymore, because of what happend there.

Can you put more ref's with lower admin level's ?
  • ShadowScythe
    Level 1

hrrm, i guess that does tkae out the whole concept of ingonito

hrrm

oh well i guess more referees is all that we can do then
  • HairyassedBrit
    Level 1

(...) and from what i understand JB will be playing here almost all of his spare time.. he wants to be an airstirke whore from what i gather (...) whoever gets selected they will have my full backing.. unlike JB

I SOOOOOOOOOOOO much don't respect you dude its not even funny tongue Yeah I like my artillery strikes long and hard 8O... AND I'm an ET.com ref-whore shades ... besides, here I can say:

respect... ok outside buddy... you can shovel my driveway...

reguardless of what you see here I like Bomb alot.. i'm a man i can admit these things....
    I think the biggest show of respect and humiliation i can give Bomb is that he's a good dude... honestly I may even take a trip to Montreal soon just to stalk him.... errmmm well just see if this dude is like 400lbs you understand.... and to rescue that poor cat... oh hell...... now i've gone a lost any respect that Spaz had for me frown.... it's all your fault bomb....

ref's rule with a iron fist !!!
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]