Forums

• bruce
    Level 1

many requests to make this a sticky topic. now let's hope all people read, understand and act like they have read it.
    meanwhile i nuked my topic where the links where broken.

Don't shoot teammates. The people that spawn around you are your friends. Kill them and you get kicked after a while.
    Press "tab" once or twice after you are dead and try to think of a class that could be useful for your team. Having 5 covops that are only sniping and not getting uniform or throwing smoke at special points are useless.
    Also do not annoy others for screaming "I need medic" or "I need ammo" if there are no Medics or Field Ops around.
    Communicating is the key. You are covops with uniform? Tell an engineer you need her/him to blow up the target. Don't shoot at everything you see just to lose your uniform 1 meter away from the door you wanted to open.
    Playing as Axis, don't open doors for Allies. Or block chokepoints while just standing there. If you have to go to the toilet go spectator.
    CovOps should waste a little time to spot for mines at obvious points. Reconnaissance is important for all players without Battlesense lvl 4. If you spotted a mine and it is blocking a crucial chokepoint, you may destroy it but keep others untouched. The less mines the other team can plant the better for your team.
    Team up and join a fireteam or make your own. A good little taskforce would be Engineer, FieldOps and Medic. Medic stays behind and let the two other do the killing. No use of a dead Medic in a team.
    Do not tap out. Look at the hud and at your respawn timer. If there is a medic around you will be revived in 90% of all cases.

Until the tank hasn't blown the tunnel gates there is no need to build the defenses, since Allies have no route to axis base. Therefore all forces should stop the tank advancing at all. If tunnel is blown one or even two Axis Engineers should respawn at Base to build up the defenses and put one or two mines near the door. Meanwhile the other forces stop the tank from advancing any further while checking if one covops slipped through the tunnel. (One or even two Axis in tunnel could check that). The time the tank hasn't blown the Axis to base spawnpoint is good time, since the only vulnerable part of their defense is the door to the base. Up until that point mining the whole Axis base is useless. Engineers could use those mines at the frontlines.
    If both entrances to Axis base are blown, don't let Allied in while you are building the side MG and try to destroy the Allied command post. Destroying the Allied command post is not necessary in my opinion. If you are in control of the hill and every entrance from the caves that ammunition and health is useful for the Axis team. When Axis is pushed back then you may plant dynamite, but better let one Covops do the work, while Engineers mines chokepoints. The Covops should also close the hangar doors, so Allied can only get inside through that tiny door.
    Allied have three possibilities to dynamite the fuel dump. Destroying the east defences is the weakest, because Axis spawn right next to it. Better one are the west defences. Axis have to run around the house and have to waste precious seconds.
    The best way is through the house and over the roof. Axis Engineers don't have a chance to get through fast enough if Covops blocks door and keeps them busy. Allied Engineer got enough cover inside the fuel dump, although one fast Airstrike can kill him...

Axis are definately in advance on this map. If nobody leaves backdoor or presents his pants to the Allied it is not that easy for them to win this map. Timed Airstrikes or FFE on Beach stop Allied from advancing and if ramp is build a satchel charge can destroy it. So 1 or 2 CovOps should be mandatory. Until Allied do not have access to the inner compound no need for Engineers. If ramp is up and some Allied got opportunity to slip through change spawnpoint and try to get them inside. Meanwhile other forces have to destroy ramp and hold the bunker. If cleaned inside one or two should make sure nobody knocks at backdoor.
    Allied have 2 spawnpoints at the beginning, so why do have everybody spawn at the same? One Engineer should make his way to build the commandpost and then (maybe leaving some mines) head back to build that -ing ramp. Having the commandpost gives the FieldOps, Medics and Artillerysoldiers the possibility to provide more Ammo, Airstrikes, FFE, Healthpacks, ...
    Don't expect the Axis to stupid to leave backdoor. One (just one) CovOps is useful to pickup pants from the beach if there are any. Team should cover him, while one or two Engineers make their way to the commandpost or respawn there. To distract the Axis the others should still apply their attack on ramp. If ramp is finally up (you have to outrun the powerbars of enemy CovOps) go up! All of you! Take the flag and hold it. Now there should be lots of pants around for CovOps. Take them and head for backdoor. There do not blow up the generator and tell them that you are inside but open door only. Engineers should stay back to have CovOps scout for enemies inside the compound. Head for guncontrols and plant. Defend for 30 seconds and match won.

Defend the tank at all costs and do not let it through tank barrier #2. Until the bank is closed Allies cannot win this map. Keep them busy and keep them at bay. If tank is lost destroy it whenever possible until it reaches bridge. At bridge the tank is useful for Axis, since there are only two ways for Allies to get to it. Hold both and use build in MG42 to stop them!
    As Allies get the tank to blow the doors. Have one guy near the tank. Do not let it stand around. Others should clear the way and keep Axis at bay. When doors are blown you can consider changing your spawnpoint. Planting dynamite at truckbarriers or repairing the truck is not useful until the doors are open! Have some players keeping respawned Axis away from bank and others killing those inside and your way is clear. After both gold crates are on the truck do not repair the tank, but only the truck! If the truck is moving there is only little chance for Axis to stop the truck to win this map. All forces but one to take out Axis. One engineer "driving" truck home.

Stop Allies from getting behind the wall, building the Waterpump or taking the flag and you'll win. Mines near the wall are useless in the beginning, better use them to block chokepoints (and only chokepoints for Allies!). No use to block doors for own team.
    Allies try to get the flag 1 or 2 seconds before respawn. If you can manage to sneak through, make sure to blow up North gun first (closer to Axis respawn, therefore more easy for them to hold). Always have one or two emergency players behind the citywall, that can take out Axis Engineers throught the holes at the guns.

more later, I'm tired now. questions, suggestions? please post them!
  • Der_Totmacher
    Level 1

bummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

damn man, good work!

people, READ THIS!
  • Gurgeh (Duncan)
    Level 6

damn man, good work!

people, READ THIS!
    I agree, I felt the urge to comment (mainly about getting the tank moving on Goldrush) but felt that anything added would muddy the waters and turn this into a debate.

Good post!
  • Wermol
    Level 1

this is just perfect
  • tar
    Level 1

thx bruce, was thinking about writing something like this as well ... hopefully, newbies will pass by here.

just one thing to add (since i have to write it in every game at least 5 times ...):

on goldrush, if tank gets stopped & damaged at a barrier, first plant dynamite at barrier, then repair the tank. TIA smile
  • JamesBOMB
    Level 1

True... as the dyno timer winds down you'll have time to repair the tank, done the other way around is wasting time and the axis will just call in air support and destroy the tank again anyway...
  • ShadowScythe
    Level 1

looks like the late hours (gmt 0:00 - 2:00) attract some beginners (i think they are not frequent visitors of this forum).

some things they are doing wrong in my opinion:

Until the tank hasn't blown the tunnel gates there is no need to build the defenses, since Allies have no route to axis base. Therefore all forces should stop the tank advancing at all. If tunnel is blown one or even two Axis Engineers should respawn at Base to build up the defenses and put one or two mines near the door. Meanwhile the other forces stop the tank from advancing any further while checking if one covops slipped through the tunnel. (One or even two Axis in tunnel could check that). The time the tank hasn't blown the Axis to base spawnpoint is good time, since the only vulnerable part of their defense is the door to the base. Up until that point mining the whole Axis base is useless. Engineers could use those mines at the frontlines.
    If both entrances to Axis base are blown, don't let Allied in while you are building the side MG and try to destroy the Allied command post. Destroying the Allied command post is not necessary in my opinion. If you are in control of the hill and every entrance from the caves that ammunition and health is useful for the Axis team. When Axis is pushed back then you may plant dynamite, but better let one Covops do the work, while Engineers mines chokepoints. The Covops should also close the hangar doors, so Allied can only get inside through that tiny door.
    Allied have three possibilities to dynamite the fuel dump. Destroying the east defences is the weakest, because Axis spawn right next to it. Better one are the west defences. Axis have to run around the house and have to waste precious seconds.
    The best way is through the house and over the roof. Axis Engineers don't have a chance to get through fast enough if Covops blocks door and keeps them busy. Allied Engineer got enough cover inside the fuel dump, although one fast Airstrike can kill him...

erm bruce, there is a thing called covert ops, and they kinda can get into the fuel dump and take an engineer with them
  • Wermol
    Level 1

Umm In my opinion using a covert-Op to get into Fuel Dump is more like advanced tactics... This thread however is for beginners new to the game. So they first have to learn how to do things the "original" way...
    Sure there are loads of different ways to complete maps and players come up with new ones regularly, but in my opinion it is neccessary to first learn the game...A guy trying to walljump in Oasis without having the skill is of no use to the team...just as a covert op who doesn't know how to take advantage of enemies mistakes because he/she is too new to the game...

If you didn't get my point its ok...I wouldn't get it either:S
  • Gurgeh (Duncan)
    Level 6

If tunnel is blown one or even two Axis Engineers should respawn at Base to build up the defenses and put one or two mines near the door. Meanwhile the other forces stop the tank from advancing any further while checking if one covops slipped through the tunnel. (One or even two Axis in tunnel could check that). The time the tank hasn't blown the Axis to base spawnpoint is good time, since the only vulnerable part of their defense is the door to the base. Up until that point mining the whole Axis base is useless. Engineers could use those mines at the frontlines.

It's enough for a newbie guide; too much detail would only confuse...
  • bruce
    Level 1

hence the mentioning of having the door as only vulnerable point in Axis defense.

ps: anybody up to write a short tactic for TempleIII? (i haven't played it yet)
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]