Forums

• Sat Nov 13 2010, 04:49pm
    Sat Nov 13 2010, 04:51pm  
    littlemanx666x
    Level 1

Well to start off, I guess I should explain the type of lagg I'm having, then describe my computer specs. Well, as soon as I start up the game, I can notice the lagg (even in the opening cinemtatic), but it's much more noticable in-game. For I was able to figure out that every other 3rd seconed (2 seconeds in between), my whole game would freeze for 1 seconed (not sure exact miliseconeds, I was only counting in my head, but it seemed consistant, and very close to every 3 seconeds, if not 3 seconeds on the dot).

Computer specs:
    OS ~ Windows 7 64-bit
    Processer ~ AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Duel Core Processor 6000+ 3.10 GHz
    RAM ~ 3.00GB
    HD Capacity ~ 42.7GB USED / 422GB FREE
    Graphics Card ~ NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT

I have downloaded and installed the AMD dual core optimizer, but it hasn't helped at all, I've also tried messing with in game settings, and setting the affinity of the game process to core 1. with no results from anything so far. I've also tried various other things that I've seen that were in other forums or posts related to this problem, or were at least close to this problem (other types of lag).

I Have not yet come across anyone else who has had this same exact problem yet though. Can anyone think of a way to fix it?

I used to play this game at full speed with no problems what so ever, but that was before I switched to a duel-core, and from what I've gathered, the AMD duel cores have alot of problems with this game, and I'm assuming it's the root of this problem as well.
  • Nail
    Admin

if you're using a wireless keyboard or mouse , Windows may be polling for better channels, if not it may be an auto-updater interfering
  • rastre
    Level 1

I had the same problem with Windows 7 64bit and nvidia 8600M GT, i downgraded my nvidia driver and the lag was gone, then after 1 month a newer version of the driver came out, i updated it and it is working perfectly smile

Let us know how it goes!
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]