Forums

• Fri Dec 11 2009, 04:06am
    Fri Dec 11 2009, 04:43am  
    Kicksilver
    Level 1

Guys, I've just reinstalled ET and am planning to play it a lot just like old times, but after I installed it, installed 2.60 and then 2.60b, I tried to join a server I used to play a lot, and was kicked by PB. Okay, I went to Evenbalance site and updated punkbuster, it worked.

But I've got another problem now. When I join the server, the screen keeps on hanging, for half a second, during the first 1 or 2 minutes, then it stabilizes. But after some time playing, it does it again. It looks like its checking for something every 5 seconds and it makes my screen freeze.

My lagometer looks like this when I join a server:

Imagemic

These green bars are exactly when the screen freezes, and you can see its periodic, but the hanging only lasts for a minute or so, and comes back later. (cyclic)

I would like to know what's causing this, and its not graphics settings for sure, as the gameplay is coming out pretty smooth when it stops the hanging. I think it has something to do with Punkbuster, checking for something, but I don't really know.

I hope you guys can help me!

Update: I'm sure it's PunkBuster, as I just played more than 30 minutes on a non-PB server and it worked wonders. Any cvar suggestions for me?!
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]