Forums

• EDPB
    Level 1

Hey!

Ive made a couple of custom campaigns on a local server, everything working as a charm..
    Except for one thing, some maps will not end before the objective has been completed. E.G. mp_sillyctf, at this map, when I set the timelimit to almost nothing so that the map should finish, as in any other map, it sticks on sudden death and will not end until the objective have been finished. Have 2-3 other maps with the same issue..

Does anyone know how to fix this? A mapscript perhaps?
  • Mon Oct 15 2007, 10:31pm

Dogfighter
    Level 2

sillyctf is an map where both sides have the same objective.
    same goes with baserace, at least one build package needs to be delivered, otherwise both teams would win = doesnt work.
    thats why the maps dont end.
  • EDPB
    Level 1

Okay, but is there a way to disable the map's objective then? Won't necessarily do that on sillyctf, but on there is a couple of other maps with the same problem, and none of them got an objective, except killing perhaps..?

Could I use a custom mapscript? If could u give me an example or something?
  • EDPB
    Level 1

FIXED ^^
  • Wussie
    Level 1

EDPB makes a valid point: the problem on mp_sillyctf is much more annoying than on baserace, because the map will not end untill ALL the gold crates are taken to the base by either team, which can take forever if the teams are really-REALLY equally skilled, or if they just don't care about the objective at all.
    In contrast, baserace will end if timelimit is hit and one single crate is taken to base, which is relatively easy to do on such a big map, with lots of places to hide from enemies.
    So a bugfix/mapscript is imperative for mp_sillyctf to make it usable in a working campaign.
    Which brings me to the real question, still unanswered to this day: is there such a mapscript ?
    EDPB, does "FIXED" mean you found a solution? Can we get it?
    Or was your solution as good as mine: did you just take mp_sillyctf out of the campaign? smile
  • EDPB
    Level 1

This is 3 years ago... But iirc I modified the mapscript to work.
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]