Forums

• Mon Aug 13 2007, 11:59am
    Sat Aug 18 2007, 07:27pm  
    moskytoo
    Level 1

Hi
    I play somtimes on your server (195.4.17.142:27960) and often it is a lot of fun. But today there was a cheater on your server, /pb_kick 5 didnt work and there was no ref on the server. So we couldnt do something against the cheater, because kickvotes are disabled on your server o.O
    So I want to ask, why do you disable kickvotes on this server? I dont see any sense in it.
    After ten minutes with the cheater, the server was empty. -.-

I have to add that ther 're not only cheaters, ther 're also teamwounders and people wich distrub th game, they disarm dynamite. For example an allied engi disarmed the dynamite at the Maingate :/. That's so lame. And the players couldn't do anything.

I hope an admin will react on my post and perhaps explain why you disabled kickvotes.
  • Fri Mar 21 2008, 04:40pm
    Fri Mar 21 2008, 04:41pm  
    moskytoo
    Level 1

Sorry that I ask and it sounds perhaps little a bit unpolite, but are you to stupid to make your server cheaterfree?!
    Look at crimson-soldiers (78.47.103.66:27960) or shiven.net (shiven.net:27960), they're both cheaterfree. And why? Because there's an handy option at Punkbuster, wich kick all people, who have to many namechanges in a short time.

I think this would be the solution for your chaterproblem. The players would have more time to start a kickvote and the cheaters will not come back.

If you dont believe me that it works, look at shiven or c-s smile
  • Fri Mar 21 2008, 05:04pm

Gotenks
    Level 9

so you get rid of the cheaters that change their names??? and you get rid of them for a whole 30 seconds?
  • Sat May 17 2008, 12:58pm
    Sat May 17 2008, 01:57pm  
    MrDizzle
    Level 1

so you get rid of the cheaters that change their names??? and you get rid of them for a whole 30 seconds?

Gotenks
    I believe PunkBuster automatically bans them for a while, at least longer than 30 seconds. Many cheaters use this namechanging hack and thus can impossibly be kicked by kickvotes. That PunkBuster feature at least helps a bit, rather something than nothing.
  • Sat May 17 2008, 05:30pm

Gotenks
    Level 9

punkbuster can get rid of them for longer then 30 secs, but they use the ip as the identifier... it's easy enough (and most of them do) change your ip and your back shortly after you disconnect them... and kick votes have been enabled for some time
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]