Forums

• Tue Mar 07 2006, 04:36pm
    Sun Dec 03 2006, 02:34pm  
    Poeffie
    Level 1

Can sombody tell me how to install WolfET with Ubuntu Linux?

Ty,
    Poeffie

------EDIT-------
    1. Downloading

Remember: This link may change. Try to click on the file so it opens in your browser, then copy that link and use it with the wget command.
    wget *link to file*

The file will be downloaded into the directory you are working in
    [standard: /home/(username)]

2. Installing
    cd *directory you downloaded the file to*
    [standard: /home/(username)]
    sh et-linux-2.60.x86.run
    [et-linux-2.60.x86.run is currently the latest version]

If it doesnt work, use:
    sudo sh et-linux-2.60.x86.run
    [Enter your password]

3. Where can I find my files?
    a dir named enemy-territory will be installed in your active directory and two shortcuts will be installed in your home directory. And another hidden .etwolf with your etmain and pb directories.

This should work. Otherwise post a message in this forum
  • Poeffie
    Level 1

--updated 10/09/06--
  • Wed Sep 20 2006, 08:08pm

Z-Man
    Level 8

--stickied 09/20/06--
  • Sambie
    Level 1

Thanks for the directions! However after I installed it...all went great until I had no sound... how can I fix this problem? I now run Kubuntu dapper
  • Sun Oct 15 2006, 01:16pm

• Sun Oct 29 2006, 03:41pm
    Sun Oct 29 2006, 03:45pm  
    X3n0ngr
    Level 1

Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing Enemy Territory 2.60 Full Install.....................................
    ./setup.sh: 278: /home/panos/.setup5851: not found
    ./setup.sh: 289: /home/panos/.setup5851: not found

Why do I get these errors? Ubuntu edgy, amd64
    Tell me if you need extra info
    Thanks a lot
  • haigo
    Level 1

i have the file but how i instal this file i have ubunt linuks :twocents: javascript:addtext(':uglyhammer:',true) :twocents:
  • Thu Nov 16 2006, 02:16am
    Thu Nov 16 2006, 04:02am  
    thelostsoul
    Level 1

Haigo, that is answered in the first post, however, a specific-to-ubuntu guide:
    First you need to ensure that the file you downloaded ends with ".run". If not, then you didn't download it properly. If you're using firefox (default included web browser), follow these steps:
    Go to the downloads section of this site, click Main (ET), then right click on the down arrow in the right hand column next to "Enemy Territory Linux 2.60 Full Install" and click "Save Link as.." then enter "et-linux-2.60.x86.run" in the file name field and choose a directory you want to save the file. If you're not using firefox, use firefox and do the above. wink

Once the download finishes, follow these steps:
    Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal
    Type "sudo su"
    Enter your password.
    Type "cd <directory where you downloaded ET>/" (to get the directory, in the Firefox download manager, right click, click properties on the file, then copy everything in the "To:" box from the third "/" to the end, then remove the file name leaving it to end with a "/")
    Type "./et-linux-2.60.x86.run"
    Some dots will go by, etc, then you'll get the install wizard. Follow that through.
    When it's done, you can run ET by clicking "Applications -> other -> enemy-territory", but you may run into issues with file management.

You other options to run the game:
    1- Click "Applications -> Accessories -> Terminal" and type "sudo su", then enter your password, then type "et".
    2- Right click on Applications and click edit menus. In the left column, click other. Right Click on enemy-territory and click properties. In the command line, change it to "sudo su -c et" and check the "run command in a terminal" box. Click Close, then Close again. Note: You may need to reboot or logout/log back in for the changes to take effect. This will do the same thing as option 1, but will do it through the menus rather than having to run a command manually each time.

That should be as descriptive as possible, hope it helps...

EDIT: Gave some wrong commands and whatnot. They are now fixed.
  • Poeffie
    Level 1

Wow, havent been here in a long time. I was really glad to see it had been stickied at last. You dont know how long it took me to find that out. cheesey
  • Tue Jan 09 2007, 09:41pm

Z-Man
    Level 8

I figured I'd 'sticky' it so it wouldn't get lost.
    I was hoping it might help some of those who were having problems getting the linux downloads. Seems as if there are always comments on the download page of, "How do I...?"
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]