Forums

• Sun Dec 31 2006, 06:26am

crillep
    Level 1

You say to move the crosshair down because of spread. But I thought the body hitbox goes up and surrounds the headhitbox, making the area to hit equally wide all the way down the player. Thus one should always aim for the head.

???
  • Sun Dec 31 2006, 11:05am
    Sun Dec 31 2006, 11:06am  
    beanh3ad
    Level 1

Lucky, probably a noob question, but what do those biinds do?
  • Lucky 1
    Level 1

Okay I play on servers w/o xp gain. So I always have 0 xp. I could be 2 feet away from an enemy while his head is huge you may still not hit his head. You could aim at his head and fire an entire clip and not get a hs. (Sidenote: I play on servers w/ g_hitboxes 0 or 31, so there not as large as some other boxes)

If you can't control your spread then you should aim at the head/high neck and move your crosshair down a lil'. In my mind when my crosshair is a f***ing huge just think your bullets go everywhere but where you aim. (That's why I use pulse)

If you prone/crouch your spread goes down and you should aim for the head again. It all really depends on your gameplay, how you act in firefights, do you strafe and or crouch? I strafe crouch sprint side to side and crouch in mid strafe. The crouches instantly bring my spread down and I aim for the head. Personally, I always aim for the head b/c I have gun control.

Wow rambling on Bottomline: If you think you can handle your gun spread then aim for the head/highneck. If you cannot then do what I said in my last post.

Ps: That script makes your main and secondary gun invisible yet all your other items visible. Most servers I play on have muzzleflash on perm so just getting rid of the gun helps me see waaaaay better. Possible canidate for scriptbin?
  • GODCHILD
    Level 1

Youre not even using the latest patch and think you got a clue about aiming? : )))
  • Tue Jan 02 2007, 04:46am
    Tue Jan 02 2007, 04:52am  
    crillep
    Level 1

If you can't control your spread then you should aim at the head/high neck.

Lucky 1

If you think you can handle your gun spread then aim for the head/highneck.

Lucky 1

From what I can see we should aim at the head at all times. Decent advice but I think I could've figured it out by myself :werd:
  • Tue Jan 02 2007, 06:24am

Gotenks
    Level 9

honest answer,
    realhead servers (etpro/etpub/jaymod?) aim for the head allways, the head hitbox is allways at the head animation
    non realhead servers (etmain or disabled) aim for the center top of the body hitbox relative to the map orientation (hard to evaluate)
  • Sat Jan 06 2007, 12:58am
    Sat Jan 06 2007, 01:00am  
    Scipion
    Level 1

so too resume just hit the head 2 times and it makes the work? or a third one is necessery? Im playing snip all the time but never killed some one whit one shit, or 2, always 3 shots for a new guy even if i hit the head.

On another hand, is there a way to know when one of ur buddy is a spy? Boots, badge or some ?

and how can record a vid and watch it back?

Later all!
  • naDe!
    Level 1

so too resume just hit the head 2 times and it makes the work? or a third one is necessery? Im playing snip all the time but never killed some one whit one shit, or 2, always 3 shots for a new guy even if i hit the head.

On another hand, is there a way to know when one of ur buddy is a spy? Boots, badge or some ?

and how can record a vid and watch it back?

Later all!

Scipion

It takes 3 Headshots to kill with SMGs (MP40, Thompson, Sten) It takes 2 with a sniper rifle. It could take more depending if they get med packs OR if the the medics have 156hp and regen at the right time it could take 4HS to kill them.

You'll notice covert ops after awhile because they carry different weapons than your team (Sten, FG42, K43/Garand, Different pistols)

To record a "video" (Demo) the default key is F12.. You can also open the console (use ~ to open) and type /startrecord to start and /stoprecord to stop. Demos can be watched using the "Replays" button on the main menu.

Hope that helps. :rock:
  • Scipion
    Level 1

accurate answer! thx alot!
  • Bernie
    Level 4

v56 :banana:
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]