Forums

• foonr
    Level 1

It's all very well telling people to use and read the FAQ all the time, but everyone knows that it doesn't cover every single ET problem. Which is fine if you have a common problem like PB init failures or Open GL "hell", but not if it doesn't help you get back on track.

In order to try and cover the broadest range of problems that are solvable, I would be very grateful if you could post any problems you experience that are listed in the FAQ here. If you look in there, but actually find the answer when searching, it'd cut down a lot of my work if you could provide a link.

Of course, any reported problems that are covered will be ignored. For a full, up-to-date FAQ listing, see
    Please only use this thread, a PM or msn add will not be listened too either smile
  • Necuz
    Level 1

Quite common bug when trying to view demos or hosting a server:
    http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3200

Couldn't find it in the FAQ.
  • IrIT
    Level 1

If you haven't installed ET correct, and the new patch then wont install?

See
  • wolves1
    Level 1

my servers won't come up on wolfenstein and i wonna know why? this j vlient thing has come up and i thinks affecting it plz plz plz help me
  • unblind
    Level 2

sounds like you have downloaded a pk3 thats modified your game somewhat?

well try searching the forum in both cases you should find your answers.. or try the FAQ?
  • Sirion
    Level 1

. i dont know what problem name is. i say what is my problem, when i join to server, some secunds and and game turn off. i cant playing. I have updated PB, i have installed patch 2.60 on game, and is the same problem.
  • Wed Jun 08 2005, 11:23am

My brob is: When im trying to connect to server, game loads forever pk3 files again and again and again... and sometimes when i pass playing there comes an error message and dont send and those... :cry:
  • Koenraad
    Level 1

Hi,

I've got the same problem, and its driving me CRAZY! really, i tried everything and i looked everywhere on the net, but there is no information about this weird problem.
    im also getting this error:
    VM_Create on cgame failed
    i dunno what it is...
  • TheHaTTa
    Level 1

Ok. I have been playing WolfET for a couple of months and have only recently opened my own server so my friends and I could play 1on1.

I have a bag full of maps but can only play a couple of them on the normal WolfET server.
    I was wondering how i play the ETproETPubShrub maps when all the server ever finds is the regular ET maps?

-------
    The way I set up a server:
    I usually just open the game and click the 'Host Game' button and then change the setting inside that, choose a map rotation and then start the server.
    -------

Things I don't understand and would like answers to:

1. I was wondering if some1 could give me a run down of what exactly TEPro,ETPub & Shrub actually do for wolfet?

2. Another thing is if someone could please tell me (or direct me to a guide) on how to set up a ETproETpubshrub server.

3. How do i make the server run my modified server.cfg file?

4. How do i modify what maps i want to run and in the sequence I choose?
    I found a program that makes a 'Map Rotation' (also the name of the program) file but how do I make the server read the new rotation?

5. How doCan I use ETDED.exe to run a server?
    I noticed I can run a server from ETDED.exe when I type in 'exec server' but is this the rite way to run an ETproPubShrub server and if so how?

6.what is the command line to make the charge rate faster for the 'FieldOp'?
    I know the ones for soldier,medic,engineer & covertops but I can't find the fieldops charge time cmnd.

Sorry for being such a tard about all this stuff but i can't seem to find any info on the matter even after 'search'ing the forum.

Thanx in advance:
    The-HaTTa :twisted:
  • General Samov
    Level 1

Try
    (highlights left on purpose)
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]