Forums

• Bloody_Killer
    Level 1

if I make eny kind of brushes to map ET says cl_brushes null or something like that I can't remember. Am I some kind of no can du guy? :oops:
  • Mon Mar 21 2005, 08:03pm

eb
    Level 1

Bloody_killer.....did you follow a first room tutorial before diving into this ?

You may not want to change the map or make new brushes in the .map until you feel more comfortable with the nuilding of a single room. If you have built the single room and all was well; I will help you figure things out.

What size of brush are adding ? Are you making it an entity or texturing with an abnormal map texture ? Is the brush you make, inside of the maps box ? Do not add brushes outside of the area of the map.
  • Bloody_Killer
    Level 1

i just try make mg.
  • Mon Mar 28 2005, 12:08pm

eb
    Level 1

You wanted to add an MG ? Well, right click in the "white window, that has lines segmenting it(2d window)" and select "misc" then "mg_42".
    Make sure that the box is above ground and that you click the brush_cleanup button before turning it into a .bsp.

Help any ?
  • -Ironman-
    Level 1

How can i play that map what you made? Do i have to make it to .pk3 then how?
  • Thu Apr 07 2005, 03:24pm

eb
    Level 1

Well, are you trying to learn mapping, because otherwise my map would be no fun to just 'run around in'.

You could just put the .pk3 file you downloaded into your etmain folder. Start the game, and then at the main menu choose to host a game and then select " EB's beginner tutorial " from the map list. Make sure you do NOT start a dedicated server.
  • -Ironman-
    Level 1

ty... you maded great map. I wrote to the cosole sv_pure 0 and then map br.bs (i renamed that map, easier to play there. : ) ) Now i know how to check my map but when i press L (limbo) then the game crusehes. What is wrong? And still i don't understand how can i make .bsp to .pk3

and how can i make helth and ammo. I maded these but there is now ammo or hhetlh in there only the cabinet without ammo/helth.

i made 2 pics from my map
    when you see what's wrong then plz tell.

• Thu Apr 07 2005, 04:57pm

eb
    Level 1

OK, get ready, because I have alot to tell you since you asked alot of questions.
    To stop the game from crashing, you need to enter in the map coordinates into an entity called WORLDSPAWN. You can do this by selecting a floor or wall in your map and pressing "n". enter in the "key" mapcoordsmins and "value" is the top left coordinates of your 2d map. Then the mapcoordsmaxs, the bottom right hand corner of your maps coordinates. These numbers entered HAVE TO MAKE A SQUARE !!!!

Example:
    mapcoordsmins -8192 8192
    mapcoordsmaxs 8192 -8192
    whatever coordinates you use will set the stage for the command map, so if your map is small and you use the example #'s from above, the command map will be very small for using any type of locationing.
    ==================================
    Helath and ammo cabinets tutorial :

Don't go diving in so fast, you have quite a bit to learn still. Also, I will be releasing a set of example tutorial maps soon. Within the next day or so. Keep an eye out for them as you may be able to learn from them.

-Good Luck

You may need alot more in the map:
    What tutorial did you follow ? Here is one >>>>
  • -Ironman-
    Level 1

I followed some marko's tutorials and some babba's or waht was it tutorials. But some thinges i din't understand.

I uploaded my map (.bsp) so you oor others can watch it if they/you want. but you can only spec becouz i din't had time to make other stuff.
    that is the .bsp file of my map

i also uploaded the .map file then you can see what mistakes i have made and if you are so good you can correct them i will be so happy.

.map file is here>>

I will look your last post more carefully tomorrow.
    -----------
    Ty now i know how to put the heal and ammo cabinets. I speced in game and they were there : )

-------------(damn every tutorail is different damnit)

what is caulk and worldspawn i haven't use caulk i had use the first texture what is there and then loaded other texture on it???
  • -Ironman-
    Level 1

Yess now i can test my map. with player and health and ammo are working and outside to. But there isn't much. Now i can test my map with gaming and specing. my map is not very big but htat is my first map. When i am ready then i will show it for you. But now i ask how can i make command post? and campaign? And all of you could say what would make this map intresting : )

I need some help creating the doors. I haven't found great tutorial what could explain it to me.
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika This topic is now closed

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]