Forums

• Wed Feb 16 2005, 10:14pm
    Wed Nov 25 2009, 04:39pm  
    eb
    Level 1

Example .pk3's with .maps included. There is one for the "first room" which includes a readme.txt with general instructions for the 1st room.
    Another is the "first room extended with several doors and different lighting".
    The third is the same one I made from before (beginner.map) but touched up to match the look of the other two. They all have .ARENA files as so they are loadable in-game.
    --I have more 'in progress.
    --Anyways, I have targeted prints that explain the details in-game for each entity setup.
    The explanation stations are easily noticed by waving neon cylinders of light. (shown in pic below)

#1 - 1st_room.pk3 // first room with readme.txt file explaining most of the steps.
    #2 - 1st_room_lights_doors.pk3 // extended the 1st map with rooms, doors & lights.
    #3 - after_beginner_tutorial.pk3 // 4 rooms with different uses of different entities
    #4 - func_map.pk3 // more of an explanation and uses of targetnamed entities and their use together
    #5 - textures_common.pk3 // Almost all of the shaders of the common textures directory lined up for reference.
    #6 - brush_manipulation.pk3 // Learn to shape different objects in radiant, this explains ways that the beginning mapper can learn to use. Make maps that don't look so 'square and artificial' after you learn from this. (There will be an advanced level for B_M.)
    #7 - texture_manipulation.pk3 // Learn to move and size textures in radiant. Make maps that don't look so 'Tiled and blah' after you learn from this.
    #8 - models_101.pk3 // Learn how to make sure models show in radiant along with extra features for their manipulation.
    #9 - construct.pk3 // Learn a simple to moderately complex construction sequence
    #10 - info_limbo_cameras.pk3 // Learn how to setup the information portion at the bottom of the limbo screen
    #11 - spawn_exchange.pk3 // Learn how to setup a flag controlled spawn point
    #12 - obj_101.pk3 // Learn how to make objectives for either team
    #13 - Tris_FPS_Vis.pk3 // The mighty FPS handlers...Tris and Visual portals.
    #14 - using_paths.pk3 // Script_movers utilizing PATH entities
    #15 - triple_construct.pk3 // Learn Multi-Stage Constructions

-Cheers

SITE:
    (spyjuice is long gone..get the files here: Link

• Thu Feb 24 2005, 03:20pm

eb
    Level 1

15261.eb
  • The_Someone
    Level 1

Error:

sv_setbrush = null

confused
  • Wed Mar 02 2005, 07:13am

eb
    Level 1

You should try to download it again......I have used it over and over and tested it over and over (So have other people).
    You must be doing something wrong.---- Are you altering something ?
    Nothing is wrong with that file.
  • JaquboSS
    Level 1

It is strange but he is unlucky , or he did something bad..
    I changed Goldrush a bit ( added more deathmatch spawns which I need for my mod) and compiled , all was fine , and that is my first work in Radiant ( never done anything with it before) ...
  • Devastation
    Level 1

ok this is the error i get:: Re_loadworldmap : maps/beginner_map.bsp not found
  • tslayerian
    Level 1

lol, Dev, I love ya man. I'll help you on vent if you want. But it's not a .bsp, it's a .map

You open it in GTKRadiant

btw, I'm LaggingTom tongue
  • Skornogr4phy
    Level 1

thanks a lot eb... this might help me with my new map now.
  • JaquboSS
    Level 1

Error:

sv_setbrush = null

confused
    Yeah , tried to compile got this too , BTW : PLEASE USE STOCK ET RESOURCES OR INCLUDE YOUR NEW ONE ( eg. missing mirror shader )
  • Mon Mar 14 2005, 01:57pm
    Mon Sep 24 2007, 06:46am  
    eb
    Level 1

:Sigh: ----Once again I state that if the "sv_setbrush = null" was a mistake made by me, I would not have been able to compile the map to .bsp for myself and to include in this .pk3 . Not to mention I JUST COMPILED IT AGAIN AND I RECEIVED NO ERROR while running the map !!!!!

Did you use the cleanup tool that is a plugin for radiant ?
    Did you add something to the .map ?

I do not know how you guys are running into these problems, how new are you to radiant ? Maybe my beginner tutorial.pk3 should be changed to intermediate and "the beginner.pk3" should just consist of a room. Would this suffice for the learning curve ?

-Cheers

P.S. @ Dev, as for your problem, maybe you'll need to learn about ET's file structure first. Go back and try to do your first room again.

@ Scorn, NP ....ask me if you need help. Also; I will be building more of these tutorial maps to add to my mapping resource site I am almost finished with.
Moderator(s): EasyRider, Nail, Warning!Mika This topic is now closed

Welcome

Username or Email:

Password:

[ ]
[ ]
[ ]